St Johns Rhosymedre
View information about for St Johns
The church is built of local Cefn Stone and was consecrated on the 6th of July 1837, on land which had been donated by Sir Watkin Williams Wynn of Wynnstay. The outstanding feature of the church is the reredos, this was made and presented by the members of St John’s Church and St. Paul’ s church Acrefair (now demolished), who were employed in the Trefynant Tile Works in 1906.
The reredos is composed on the sides and the rear of green lustre tiles embossed with vine, interspersed with brown and gold encaustic tiled panels, surrounded by a border of lustre tiles. The floor of the Sanctuary and the Chancel has medieval style encaustic tiles.